Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Appeal for biker's stolen hand


A disabled biker has appealed for the return of his prosthetic hand which was stolen after he left it gripped on the handlebars.

Jack Baker, 19, lost his right arm after a head-on crash with a bus in Bristol in May, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Jack Baker, 19, who had his prosthetic hand, worth £450, stolen after he left it gripped on the handlebar of his motorcycle in Bristol /PA pics.

But Jack refused to be beaten and had a prosthetic hand fitted, which allowed him to continue riding.

But the hand, which costs £450 to replace, was taken when he left it attached to his 400cc Suzuki DR-Z400SM while he was visiting his girlfriend last week.

"It was the first time I had left my hand on the bike," he said. "I thought I was only going to be 10 minutes, but I ended up staying for two hours.

"It's frustrating because my hand's no good to anyone else. I never thought anyone would take it though."

While the mechanic does have a spare hand - designed for racing - he says the stolen appendage is of better quality and does need to be replaced.

Avon and Somerset Police appealed for anyone who had seen the missing hand or knew who had it to contact them on 0845 456 7000.

No comments:

Blog Archive