Sunday, December 11, 2011
Students at a local school are grieving a classmate. Friends say the young man took his own life because he couldn't take any more bullying.
And they say school officials knew about the torment but didn't do enough to stop it.
Tally ho chaps! First-ever British surfer caught on film taking to waves on home-made board... in 1929
- Experts say the two-hour video footage is a 'national treasure'
- Clip shows adventurer on homemade 8ft board carved from balsa wood
Riding the waves: Some of the earliest ever video of surfing which shows Lewis Rosenberg on a surfboard at Holywell Bay in Newquay, Cornwall
By Gavin Allen
Last updated at 2:16 PM on 9th December 2011
Two shepherds who bit off lambs' testicles as part of a special farming event were hit by a violent food poisoning bug.
The stomach-churning case was documented by the Wyoming Department of Health after it investigated the mini-outbreak of Campylobacter jejuni enteritis.
The pair, who had taken part in an event in which 1,600 lambs were to be castrated over several days, ended up with punishing vomiting and diarrhea, stomach cramps and fever. One of the men was affected worse than the other and spent a night in hospital. MORE HERE!
WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES
Mouth method: A shepherd castrates a sheep with his teeth in the TV show Dirty Jobs - these are not the two men who fell ill
Monday, December 05, 2011
Friday, December 2, 2011
When I'm traveling in Europe, I often see stupid "torture museums" that are cleverly marketed. They make lots of money by appealing to the lowest desires of dumbed-down travelers, even though none of them has any real artifacts. If you're looking for the macabre side of Europe, skip these hokey rip-offs and visit a cemetery — they're authentic, artsy, and oozing with history. Here's a list of some of my favorites. More here!
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Neil deGrasse Tyson at ...
- Arrested Development - One-Way Train to Gitmo
- Arrested Development
- Friends say classmate killed self after bullying o...
- It's A Wonderful Life (1946) - James Stewart - Geo...
- Buck Tick Aikawarazu no Are no Katamari ga Nosabar...
- Jimmy Cliff - The harder they come, studio version...
- Tally ho chaps! First-ever British surfer caught o...
- Forever 21 Pulls Kurt Cobain Flipper Tee Copy From...
- Shepherds who bit off lambs' testicles at special ...
- Fatal attraction: Europe's top cemeteries
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2010 (62)
- ► 2009 (261)
- ► 2008 (219)
- ► 2007 (507)