Thursday, May 21, 2009

Why bosses are right to distrust women who don't want children... by a VERY outspoken mother (and ex-boss)

By Carol Sarler
Last updated at 8:17 AM on 21st May 2009

Much as I like to trumpet the importance of a woman's right to choose all things at all times, there's one choice I simply cannot understand: the choice of an otherwise sane and healthy woman not to have children.

If a would-be mother is a singleton of 40 who decides to have a baby without a partner, I might wish she'd thought of it sooner and prepared for it better - but I understand.

If she's half of a lesbian couple who 'borrows' the wherewithal, I might cross my fingers that the child is not teased at school - but I understand. Even if she's a 66-year- old pregnant pensioner, threatening to turn motherhood into a freak show, I might (indeed, I do) think she's monstrously selfish and dangerously wrong - but again, more or less, I understand.

Carol believes she can always pick which female staff have children

Carol believes she can always pick which female staff have children

MORE HERE


No comments:

Blog Archive