|Written by Patrick Frater|
|Thursday, 23 October 2008|
TOKYO – "Bangkok Dangerous" and "The Eye" helmers Danny and Oxide Pang have signed a ten year exclusive management and production agreement with Hong Kong production and distribution group Universe Int'l Holdings.
Under the new deal, the twin brothers will next direct "Child's Eye," a horror pic that would be one of the first pics from Hong Kong to be made to modern 3D standards. Production is tentatively skedded to start in April or May next year.
That will overlap with final stages of effects and post production on "The Storm Warriors II," a "300"-style martial arts actioner that stars Aaron Kwok, Ekin Cheng, Nicholas Tse, Charlene Choi, Simon Yam and Tang Yan. Pic, which has been widely pre-sold, is now being lined up for pan-Asian release on Dec 17, 2009.
The brothers are also committed to shoot "Storm Warriors III," a pic that will again use characters from the underlying comic series that spawned "1998 movie "Stormriders" (sic) and "Storm Warriors II," though will take a significantly different, post-modern tone.
"Our deal covers both Danny and Oxide, whether working together or on their solo films. We have worked together on so many of their films that we all have an extremely good understanding and working relationship," Alvin Lam, Universe COO, said.
"It also includes their Hollywood careers, and while we would not expect to fully finance any of their American studio movies we will likely take a co-producer or associate producer role," Lam said.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
- ► 2010 (62)
- ► 2009 (261)
- Discrimination is NOT a Family Value!
- 'Deep Throat' legendary porn director Gerard Damia...
- Cindy McCain Claims She’s ‘Just Like Any Other Fem...
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Transsexual gene link identified
- Korean Artist Makes 'Art for Obama' from Hair
- Australia trials national net filters
- A guide to the Hippocratic Oath
- English heroes of Agincourt? They are just war cri...
- Pang brothers sign 10-year deal with HK's Universe...
- 'Fart gas' link to blood pressure
- Tommy Smothers gets due for censored show
- Christian wives set up sex wesbite
- 'No God' slogans for city's buses
- Music Videos
- Gay history museum shows current debate is nothing...
- Vatican plan to honour wartime Pope Pius XII would...
- A Boy's Life
- Lily, Mooch & Skloot
- 'A Time for Dogs...' Ranked Number One on Yahoo! D...
- New research reveals Edwardian doctors' prescripti...
- Greece hails Lord Byron a hero and dedicates a day...
- The other man on the podium
- Global crisis sends east Germans flocking to Marx
- Ugandans ban female circumcision
- VOTE NO ON 8
- On Columbus Day, correcting Columbus’ legacy
- Sydney brothel-goers lose a Touch of Class
- Devo - Freedom of Choice
- Class surprises lesbian teacher on wedding day
- Offended neighbors get Utah park statue moved
- Tattoo culture under the spotlight
- National Organization for Women PAC Endorses Obama...
- ▼ October (35)
- ► 2007 (507)