By Gavin Allen
Last updated at 2:16 PM on 9th December 2011
Two shepherds who bit off lambs' testicles as part of a special farming event were hit by a violent food poisoning bug.
The stomach-churning case was documented by the Wyoming Department of Health after it investigated the mini-outbreak of Campylobacter jejuni enteritis.
The pair, who had taken part in an event in which 1,600 lambs were to be castrated over several days, ended up with punishing vomiting and diarrhea, stomach cramps and fever. One of the men was affected worse than the other and spent a night in hospital. MORE HERE!
WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES
Mouth method: A shepherd castrates a sheep with his teeth in the TV show Dirty Jobs - these are not the two men who fell ill