Posted: Friday, Nov 7th, 2008
NAVETTA—Frank (Mack Heat) Navetta passed away on Oct. 31, 2008.
Born March 6, 1962, Frank was the youngest of six children born to Andy and Susie Navetta. He lived his early life in Inglewood, Calif. When Frank was 12 years old, he moved to Manhattan Beach, Calif., where he enjoyed fishing and surfing.
Frank was a founding member of the Southern California punk rock band, the Descendents. Frank turned his teenage angst into the anthem of a generation. Over the years his music inspired many bands and musicians and he has countless fans to this day. Frank was also a member of a band he started with his two brothers, Mike and Joe, named the Pagan Babies. Frank continued his love of music, playing with a number of local bands.
Frank moved to Lafayette, Ore., where he was married and fathered three children he loved dearly. Later Frank moved to Florence where his life was a celebration of Jesus, fishing, and guitar. Frank shared his art through many powerful and soul-searing paintings.
Frank read his Bible daily; when he passed, the page was marked at John 16:22: “So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.”
Frank is survived by three children, Alicia, Amanda, and Albert; his mother, Susie; two brothers, Mike and Joe; three sisters, Marie, Annie and Barbie Navetta-Madden; and by a large family with many cousins, nieces and nephews. He will be missed by his many friends near and far.
For several years Frank purchased a fishing pole, reel, and tackle box to donate to the yearly PeaceHealth Counseling Services Christmas party where one lucky person would win it all in a drawing. A lot of love and joy went into filling the tackle box with lures and supplies and Frank truly enjoyed the thrill of passing on his love of fishing.
To honor Frank, contributions may be made to PeaceHealth Counseling Services in care of Katherine Hinman so this tradition may be continued in his memory.
The family will arrange a celebration of life at a later time.
- ► 2010 (62)
- ► 2009 (261)
- Modesto pastor: Consider confession if you voted f...
- Sought: Wal-Mart shoppers who trampled NY worker
- The art of the toilet in Japan
- Dir en grey's melancholy metal
- California to investigate Mormon aid to Prop 8
- The Bible, but not as you know it
- Men guilty over fake penis scam
- Bra for the boys an online bestseller in Japan
- Mexican transvestite fiesta rocks indigenous town
- Malaysia clerics issue yoga fatwa
- Vatican 'forgives' Lennon for 'more popular than J...
- SoCal's atheist billboard taken down
- S. Korean TV Series to Hit the Big Screen
- Cold snap threat to baby hedgehogs
- Frank (Mack Heat) Navetta
- Review the 501(c)(3) status of The Church of Latte...
- California’s legalization of discrimination again...
- ▼ November (19)
- ► 2007 (507)